Consulate General of India
Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Research/Phd Scholarships For Studying in India
The Consulate General of India,Jaffna announces the offer for the following ICCR Scholarships for 2016-17 academic session:
- Nehru Memorial Scholarship Scheme: Hundred (100) slots are being offered under this scheme which covers all Undergraduate Courses (except Medicine) including Engineering, Science, Business, Economics, Commerce, Humanities and Arts (including Classical Music, Classical Dance and Visual Arts).
- Maulana Azad Scholarship Scheme : Fifty (50) scholarships for Masters Degree courses in Agriculture, Science and Engineering (Masters level in Agri-10/M.Sc-20/M.Tech-20)
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme: Twenty Five (25) slots for Undergraduate courses in the field of IT/BE/B.Tech.
- Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme : Five (05) slots for Masters and PhD Degree in all subjects except Medicine.
2. The Government of India selects meritorious Sri Lankan nationals for award of these scholarships. Selection of candidates is done in consultation with the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways, Govt of Sri Lanka, to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD Degrees in some of the topmost Universities in India.
3. All scholarships cover full tuition fees for the entire duration of the course, in addition to a monthly sustenance allowance. The scholarship also covers accommodation allowance and an annual grant for books, stationary. Besides, all ICCR scholars in India are provided full healthcare facilities, air fare to the nearest destination in India and an annual grant for educational tours to various parts of the country, apart from several other auxiliary benefits.
4. The selection of candidates would be done through the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways, Sri Lanka. The Ministry has invited applications from eligible candidates and the application forms can be downloaded from the website of Ministry of Higher Education and Highways at www.mohe.gov.lk. The last date for submission of duly filled up application forms at Consulate General of India, Jaffna for all the above courses is December 31, 2015.
5. Prospective students are advised to approach the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways to learn more about the eligibility criteria and selection procedure. Interested candidates can also direct their queries to Consulate General of India, Jaffna or visit our website www.cgijaffna.gov.in for further details on the scholarships.