For daily situation report on COVID-19 in Sri Lanka please click here (http://epid.gov.lk/web/index.php?lang=en )
- Passengers with travel history to Italy, Republic of Korea, Iran, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, Bahrain, Qatar, United Kingdom, Belgium, Norway within past 14 days will have to undergo a mandatory quarantine in Sri Lanka for a period of 14 days from the date of arrival .
- Passengers entering Sri Lanka from other countries will be subjected to house quarantine for a period of 14 days from the date of arrival.
- Transit Passengers are not subjected to quarantine.
- All International Airports in Sri Lanka will be closed for operation of inward international commercial passenger flights (i.e arrivals) with effect from 0400hrs on 19 March 2020 (local time in Sri Lanka) until 2359hrs on 25 March 2020 (local time in Sri Lanka). The closure will be reviewed by the Sri Lanka Authorities.
- During the above mentioned period, the following will be permitted - Aircraft Departures with passengers originating from Colombo, stop over, transit, visiting tourists and emergency diversions.
- Cruise ship passengers and crew will not be allowed to disembark. (effective 3 March 2020)
- All types of Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), Entry Visas, Landing Endorsements, Multiple Entry Visa and Residence Visa already granted to foreign nationals who have yet not arrived in Sri Lanka is temporarily suspended with effect from 0400 hrs on 19 March 2020 (Local Time Sri Lanka) to 25 March 2020- 2359 hrs (Local Time Sri Lanka)
Validity of Existing Visa
- Validity of the period of all types of Visa issued to all foreigners who are currently residing in Sri Lanka has been extended by a period of 30 days with effect from 14 March 2020 to 12 April 2020.
- Foreign nationals are requested to visit the Visa Division of Department of Immigration and Emigration on 8-9 April 2020 to pay the relevant fee and receive the visa endorsement. For those who intend to leave the country before 12 April 2020, they can pay the relevant fee at the Airport without any penalty.
- Validity period of 'Acknowledgement' issues for already submitted visa applications to Department of Immigration and Emigration is also extended for a period of 30 days with effect from 14 March 2020 to 12 April 2020. If a foreigner intends to leave the country during this time, a request to obtain the passport from the Department should be sent to following email addresses along with a copy of the flight ticket.
For Inquiry :